Monday, January 11, 2016

The True Vine

The scripture that our study will be based on this month is :
John 15:1-2 (NKJV)
The True Vine
15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine-dresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;[a] and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
So what does this really mean to you?  
  1. We are the grapes that grow in the vineyard and our purpose is to be fruitful and draw people to Christ. 
  2. The branches are those who claim to be followers of Christ.  
  3. The fruitful branches are true believers who produce much fruit. 
  4. But those who follow Christ for a while and then decide that it's not working for them will be separated from the vine.  Why, because God will prune us two ways, by separating us or cutting us back like branches.  
  5. We are cut back to promote growth, discipline and strengthen our character.
In 2016 I will be fruitful and operate at the spiritual level that God has planned for me.  Favor follows me wherever I go and I will be intentional about being fruitful.

Please follow all post this month because they will build on each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment